Itanagar, Sep. 27 (PTI): At least 198 more people, including 15 security personnel and two healthcare workers, tested positive for Covid-19 in Arunachal Pradesh, raising the caseload to 8,869.
Barring 25, all new patients are asymptomatic and have been shifted to Covid care centres. Of the 198 fresh cases,
- 87 were reported from the Capital Complex region,
- 21 from East Siang,
- 14 from Changlang,
- 12 from Tawang,
- 10 each from Kurung Kumey and West Kameng,
- 7 cases each from Upper Subansiri, West Siang and Papumpare.
- 5 cases each were recorded in Longding and Lower Subansiri,
- 4 in Lower Siang,
- 3 in Tirap,
- 2 in Upper Siang and
- 1 each in East Kameng, Lower Dibang Valley, Namsai and Kamle,
15 security personnel — 10 Army men, four Assam Rifles jawans and a state police constable — are among the new patients. Ten personnel of the Border Roads Organisation and two healthcare workers have also contracted the disease, he said.
- 167 people were discharged from various hospitals in the state on Saturday, which pushed the total number of recoveries to 6,397.
- Arunachal Pradesh currently has 2,458 active Covid-19 cases,
- Recovery rate stands at 72.12 per cent.
- Fourteen have succumbed to the infection.