BJP reorganization: JP Nadda announces mix of young turks, women & experienced faces. Ram Madhav removed from the post National General Secretary
BJP President JP Nadda announced the new office bearers.. Three ex-Chief Ministers have been appointed as Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) vice presidents.
There was a major overhaul among national general secretaries with many senior leaders dropped and new faces were given a chance. Many young turks with strong articulation skills were inducted.
- Senior leaders like Ram Madhav, P Muralidhar Rao, Anil Jain, Saroj Pandey were replaced from general secretaries with new faces.
- Former Chhattisgarh chief minister Raman Singh, former Rajasthan CM Vasundhara Raje Scindia, and ex-Jharkhand CM Raghubar Das are three former CMs among the 12 national vice presidents.
- Other names includes Mukul Roy from poll-bound West Bengal and Bihar’s Radha Mohan Singh
- Bhupender Yadav, Arun Singh, and Kailash Vijayvargiya will continue to remain as national general secretaries.
- C T Ravi from Karnataka have been inducted as national general secretary.
- D Purandeswari from Andhra Pradesh has also been appointed as national general secretary.
- B L Santosh remains national general secretary (Organisation).
- Anupam Hazra will replace Rahul Sinha(West Bengal) as national secretaries.
- Other prominent names that figure in the list of 13 are Maharashtra’s Vinod Tawade, UP’s Vinod Sonkar, and Maharashtra’s Pankaja Munde, among others.
- Rajesh Agarwal will be new BJP treasurer. He replaces Piyush Goyal.
- Amit Malviya will continue as IT cell head.
- Karnataka MP Tejasvi Surya is now BJP’s new Yuva Morcha head.
- Anil Baluni will continue to head the media section as Sanjay Mayukh will continue to remain as his deputy.
- Bihar’s Syed Shahnawaz Hussain and Rajiv Pratap Rudy have been chosen as national spokespersons. Both he former ministers are articulate debaters
- Guruprakash will also be a part of Bihar media.
- Darjeeling MP Raju Biswa will also be national spokeperson
- Tom Vadakkan who moved to the BJP from Congress will be BJP’s spokesman from Kerala.