Imphal, October 18 2020: 3 more persons died due to COVID 19 in Manipur in the last 24 hours. COVID-19 death toll has reached 116 including the two persons who earlier passed away at Churachandpur.
Daily press bulletin issued by COVID-19 Common Control Room
- A 60-year old man from Imphal East and a 76-year old man from Imphal West died at JNIMS and RIMS respectively as another man under home isolation succumbed to the virus at Churachandpur during the last 24 hours. With the two deaths reported from Churachandpur district hospital yesterday now added to the official tally, the death toll has surged to 116 .
- 322 people ( 309 civilians and 13 personnel of CAPF) were tested positive for COVID 19 in Manipur in the last 24 hours at RIMS, JNIMS, Kamjong, Tengnoupal, Churachand-pur, Bishnupur, Senapati, Kangpokpi, Thoubal, Jiribam, Swiss Hospital, Chandel, CMC, Imphal East, RD Wing, Imphal West, Raj Medicity, Jivan Hospital, Babina Diagnostics, Noney, Chamber Hospital, Shija Hospital, Ukhrul and Maipakpi Hospital.
- 309 civilians who have been tested positive are residents of
- Imphal West (140),
- Thoubal (60),
- Imphal East (36),
- Noney (26),
- Senapati (11)
- Bishnupur (10)
- Chandel (8),
- Churachandpur (7)
- Ukhrul (3),
- Tengnoupal (3),
- Kangpokpi (2),
- Kakching (2),
- Jiribam (1)
None of them has any significant history of travelling outside the State.
- 298 COVID-19 positive people were discharged during the last 24 hours from CAPF (34), home isolation (112), RIMS (3), JNIMS (4), Lanva (3), Sadbhavna (2), Noney (3), CCC UNACCO (30), Kakching (14), CCC Lamboi Khongnangkhong (63), Tamenglong (3), Ukhrul (3), Kangpokpi (5), Lamding (6), Thoubal (7), Jiribam (2) and Bishnupur (4) .
- Total number of COVID-19 positive cases in the State has reached 15,463
- General population 12,820,
- Central security personnel 2643.
- 3606 active cases (general population 3,317, Central security personnel 289) and
- 11,741 discharged cases (general population 9391, Central security personnel 2350) .
- The recovery rate stands at 75.92 %
Late Night report post the daily bulletin
- A late evening report informed that 118 out of 567 samples tested today at JNIMS were found positive for the contagion.
- Out of them, 67 belong to Imphal East district and they include 6 residents of Sekta Makha Leikai, 7 residents of Soibam Leikai, 4 of Wangkhei Konsam Leikai
- 14 are personnel of 42 Assam Rifles posted at Chassad, Kamjong district.
- 53 tested positive in Imphal West district, 10 are residents of Thangmeiband Tarung village and 6 of Uripok Bachaspati Leikai.