The Supreme Court collegium led by Chief Justice of India (CJI) NV Ramana has recommended the transfer of six high court judges. Justice Lanusungkum Jamir of the Manipur High Court was transferred to the Gauhati High Court on Friday amid some reshuffling by the Supreme Court collegium.
A three-member collegium comprising CJI Ramana and Justices UU Lalit and AM Khanwilkar, which deals with transfer/repatriation/elevation of judges of high courts has recommended the transfer of the six judges.
The judges proposed for transfer/ repatriation are:
- – Justice Ahsanuddin Amanullah (Andhra Pradesh High Court to Patna High Court);
- – Justice Chitta Ranjan Dash (presently Orissa High Court to Calcutta High Court);
- – Justice Subhasis Talapatra (Tripura High Court to Orissa High Court);
- – Justice Lanusungkum Jamir (Manipur High Court to Gauhati High Court);
- – Justice Dhiraj Singh Thakur (J&K and Ladakh High Court to Bombay High Court);
- – Justice Purushaindra Kumar Kaurav (Madhya Pradesh High Court to Delhi High Court).