Manipur COVID-19 Updates
Imphal, September 29 2020: Manipur recorded another COVID-19 fatality today taking the death toll to 65 . Official records have not yet taken into account the 2 deaths reported from Churachandpur district few days back and hence official death toll at 65 instead of 67.
A 51 year old man from Imphal East district died at JNIMS at around 11.30 am today. Apart from being COVID-19 positive, the man was also suffering from hypertension, diabetes and lungs problems. He was admitted to the hospital at around 11.30 pm yesterday.
According to daily press release issued by COVID-19 Common Control Room, 269 people, 231 civilians & 38 personnel from armed forces were tested positive in the last 24 hours
- Imphal West 53
- Imphal East: 44
- Tengnoupal: 9
- Tamenglong: 40,
- Kangpokpi : 2,
- Noney: 15,
- Kakching: 2,
- Jiribam: 4,
- Bishnupur: 2,
- Churachandpur: 2
Out of them, 227 have no significant history of travelling outside the State.
- 57 COVID-19 patients have been discharged in the last 24 hours
- Total number of COVID-19 positive cases has climbed to 10,746 (general population 8478, Central security personnel 2268)
- 2642 active cases (general population 2122, Central security personnel 520) and
- 8039 discharged cases (general population 6294, Central security personnel 1745) .
- The recovery rate as of Tuesday is 74.80 per cent.
A late report informed that out of 517 samples tested today at JNIMS, 58 were found positive. Rapid antigen test at Thoubal found 13 people infected by the contagion today.