COVID-19 Update: Death toll reaches 63
Imphal, September 25 2020: COVID-19 death toll has reached 63 after a 55-year old woman from Bishnupur district died at RIMS. The woman was admitted some days back before she succumbed to COVID-19. She had earlier suffered heart attack and was undergoing treatment .
The latest victim’s husband was on home isolation after he was found infected by the contagion. In the meantime, she became ill and was brought to RIMS. Later, she too was found infected by the virus.
The total number of COVID-19 positive cases is now 9791 (general population 7670, Central security personnel 2121) .
Per press release issued by COVID-19 Common Control Room on updates in last 24 hours:
- 254 people including 58 personnel of CAPF were tested positive . This is the second highest single day surge after September 15.
- 196 civilians have been tested positive,
- Imphal West: 127,
- Imphal East: 13,
- Thoubal: 12,
- Kakching: 12,
- Churachandpur: 11,
- Tamenglong,: 7
- Tengnoupal: 6
- Bishnupur : 5,
- Ukhrul: 2
- Kangpokpi: 1,
- 194 have no significant history of travelling outside the State.
- 233 people were discharged in the last 24 hours
- RIMS (2),
- CCC Lamboi Khongnangkhong (142),
- RD Wing (16),
- UNACCO CCC (41),
- JNIMS (4),
- CCC Lamding-Thoubal (2),
- Kakching (13),
- Senapati (1),
- Churachandpur (10) and
- CAPF (2)
- This figure includes 2126 active cases (general population 1723, Central security personnel 403)
- 7604 discharged cases
- General population 5889,
- Central security personnel 1715.
- The recovery rate as on Friday is 77.64 %.