Manipur COVID19 Updates as on Oct 23,2020 Total cases- 16,777(+156) Deaths-132(+5)
Imphal, October 23 2020: Manipur COVID19 related death toll has reached 132 following the death of 5 individuals during the last 24 hours.
According to a press release issued by COVID-19 Common Control Room , situation in the last 24 hours as :
- A 22-year old youth from Churachandpur died at JNIMS.
- Two women, both aged 59, from Imphal West and Imphal East died at RIMS.
- Another 50-year old woman died at Chandel district hospital.
- A 73-year old man under home isolation died at Churachandpur in the last 24 hours.
All five of them were infected by COVID-19 .
- 156 persons including two personnel of CAPF were tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 24 hours at RIMS, JNIMS, Acme, Kamjong, Public Hospital, Churachandpur, Imphal East, Senapati, Thoubal, Tengnoupal, Shija Hospital, Bishnupur, Imphal West, Kangpokpi, Tengnoupal, Raj Medicity, Jiribam, Jivan Hospital, Hillside Hospital, Chandel, Babina Diagnostics, Tamenglong and Advance Hospital.
- 154 civilians who have been tested positive district wise distribution are:
- 45 belong to Imphal West,
- 27 to Imphal East,
- 16 to Thoubal,
- 12 to Churachandpur,
- 20 to Tamenglong,
- 8 to Bishnupur,
- 2 to Chandel,
- 3 to Senapati,
- 4 to Jiribam,
- 13 to Kamjong,
- 1 to Kangpokpi and
- 3 to Tengnoupal.
None of them has any significant history of travelling outside the State.
- 169 COVID-19 positive were discharged in the last 24 hours from CAPF (9), home isolation (13), RIMS (4), CCC UNACCO (42), CCC Lamboi Khongnangkhong (55), Tamenglong (1), RD Wing (11), Moreh (1), Ukhrul (6), Thoubal (10), Bal Bhavan (4), Senapati (8), Chandel (2) and Lamding (1).The cumulative figure of positive cases has touched 16,777 (general population 14,083, Central security personnel 2694) .
- This figure includes 4,083 active cases (general population 3783, Central security personnel 300) and 12,562 discharged cases (general population 10172, Central security personnel 2390).The recovery rate stands at 74.87 per cent.
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare would send a team to make a direct assessment of the COVID-19 situation in the State.
The team would be led by Ministry of Power Joint Secretary Vivek Kumar Dewangan and he would be accompanied by Directorate General of Health Services Additional Director Dr L Swasticharan and NITRD Associate Professor Dr Ashish Ranjan.
They would collect reports on clinical management and public health measures taken up by the State Government. After collecting the reports, the team would put forth their observations and suggestions to the Central Government.
Also Read Manipur COVID19 Update:16,276(+214),Death-124(+3). Recovery rate declines