Imphal, October 16 2020: Special Judge POCSO Imphal East has remanded a 50-year-old man to 5 more days police custody till October 20 for allegedly raping a minor girl. The accused, Nameirakpam Shaheo alias Shanta was produced before the Court today after completion of 6 days police custody. Earlier, he was arrested by Singjamei police on October 10 from Kumbi Naotangkhong.
Manipur Minor Girl Rape Case: Event timelines
He accused had gone underground after allegedly committing the crime on October 9.
During the hearing today, the Investigating Officer of the case through APP submitted that according to a complaint filed by the mother of the victim
- On October 9 at around 7.30 pm, mother of the victim along with her two daughters including the minor victim had gone to the house of the accused and asked him for harvesting work.
- The accused Nameirakpam Shaheo alias Shanta then took the minor victim to a local shop to buy some edible items.
- The accused returned alone claiming the minor girl had gone home.
- After the victim’s mother check the house for the minor girl and realizing that the girl is not around, neighbors and relatives started for a frentic search.
- The minor girl was found lying narrow lane separating 2 under construction shops.
- The victim then narrated the alleged crime committed against her by the accused, submitted the Investigating Officer (IO) .
The IO further submitted that during the preliminary interrogation, the accused has admitted to the charges leveled against him and prayed the Court for five more days police custody remand for smooth investigation of the case.
The Court then remanded the accused to 5 days more police custody till October 20 .