Kohima/Itanagar/Imphal, Oct. 17 : Several NSCN cadres arrested by security forces in last 3 days. The NSCN belongs to several factions of the Naga outfit.
Security Forces arrested 4 cadres belonging to NSCN (IM) and 1 each from NSCN (KN) and NSCN (K-YA) at Dimapur in Nagaland and Jairampur in Arunachal Pradesh on October 14 and the 16th.
According to a defence press release, 2NSCN (IM) cadres were arrested near Dhansiri in Dimapur during an operation basing on intelligence inputs on October 16.
The security forces have recovered 20 live rounds of ammunition of 70 mm, two pairs of uniform of NSCN (IM), 76000 WY tablets worth an amount of INR 7.6 crore approximately and a cash of INR 7,90,000 from their possession.
The release also stated that the arrested persons along with recovered items were handed over to East Police Station, Dimapur, for further investigations.
- In a similar incident, security forces along with a Nagaland police representative apprehended a cadre of NSCN (KN) in an operation near Naga United in Dimapur on October 16.
- The troops recovered one point 32 mm pistol with magazine, two unused booklets, 13 leafs of a booklet, 23 loose extortion slip, seven GPRN assignment letter duly signed by the secretary of union territory (UT), and one mobile phone from his possession.
- The apprehended person along with the recovered items has been handed over to Diphupar Police Station for further investigations.
- In a related incident, security forces arrested 2 high-ranking cadres of NSCN (IM) and one cadre of NSCN (K-YA) from Jairampur in Arunachal Pradesh on October 14.
- 2 high-ranking cadres were arrested in an operation basing on specific intelligence inputs. Security forces claimed that the two NSCN (IM) cadres were actively involved in extortion activities, while the cadre of NSCN (K-YA) was involved in drug peddling activities.
- The release further stated that NSCN (IM) cadres were handed over to Jairampur police station and NSCN (K-YA) cadre to Nampong police station.
Also Read NSCN condemns Assam Rifles conduct